Tycon Steel (1998) Inc. Safety Policy Statement
Tycon Steel (1998) Inc. is committed to protecting the health and safety of all workers. All levels of management recognizes that workers have the right to work in safe and healthy work environment.Tycon as the employer is ultimately responsible for the health and safety for each employee and subcontractor. We take the welfare of each party very seriously. The prevention of occupational injuries and illness is of such consequence that it will be given priority over all operating productivity where necessary. To the greatest degree possible, management will provide all required safeguards and controls as per provincial regulations, to demonstrate a high standard in occupational health and safety. Our objective is a health, safety and environment program that will reduce the number of incidents to an absolute minimum. Our goal is an incident free workplace and through continuous planning, organization and improvement we can accomplish this.
Health and safety is a shared responsibility, as the employer we will take responsibility to:
- Provide leadership to maintain our health and safety program to ensure its effectiveness and ongoing improvement.
- Uphold management's commitment to provide a safe work and healthy work environment.
- Work in a spirit of consultation and cooperation with employees and subcontractors when addressing health and safety issues.
- Hire supervisory personnel that take responsibility for developing the proper attitudes towards health and safety in themselves and in those who they supervise.
- Ensure that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of all personnel.
Every worker must protect their own health and safety by working in compliance with the WorkSafe BC Regulations and the policies and procedures developed by Tycon Steel. It is a requirement of all parties to consider health and safety in every activity. Commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of this organization, involving everyone from the top down.
Employees have The Right to Know, The Right to Participate and The Right to Refuse Unsafe Work. This Policy will be reviewed on a yearly basis and amended accordingly.